Sunday, October 15, 2006

top 100 anime

The list is based on an online poll of the Japanese populace. Is sortof interesting that there are so many choices in that country for cartoons. Makes me happy, is a great way to absorb Japanese while watching quality (or not so quality) cinema :) I found it interesting that Macross is at #67 while Gundam is at #6. Am starting with the very first series (Gundam in 1979, Macross in early 80's) and both are surprisingly good. I'm also surprised that Evangelion is ranked #2, as on most english boards there seems to be a lot of snobs who would rank it low. I don't know...I found it entertaining, it has so many different levels of weirdness that was well worth the watch :) Currently am also into a few episodes of #4, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...is pretty good and interestingly hillariously gripping :)

No comments: