Sunday, May 04, 2008

Male wasps make love to orchids

I've had a couple of wasps in here this year. The first one was just a black wasp minding his own business, and I tried to kill it but it flew off behind the couch to regenerate it's HP for a while, and I let it be. Then the next day I'd only been home for like 10 minutes and I felt something on my arm. Look down, and yes it's him. So I start unmercifully trying to smash it with my fly swatter :( I hit it like 50 times, and it just wouldn't give up :( I had to roll it with my shoe. Jeez made me feel like a murderer.

The next wasp was a yellow jacket. He was smart, he flew over to the window and just hung out there. I opened the window, he flew out. No reason for unneccessary bloodshed :)

This article is interesting as it shows wasps are really good lovers, and have a deep admiration for the innate beauty of nature.

No comments: