Saturday, April 19, 2008

meshuggah like

The Dillinger Escape Plan

These guys are very solid. They are the band closest in sound to Meshuggah I've found yet, and I did set out for a few days looking for some bands to compare Meshuggah to. I ended up deciding it was impossible. Meshuggah really do stand out. Straight hardcore math metal? But very brutal? I highly highly recommend Meshuggah's new album, obZen. For me, only took a couple listens to get to where you are listening to a different song every time you come back, ah on a week to week basis. I think it's my favorite Meshuggah album, to be honest. But give Dillinger Escape Plan a chance, they stand on their own, definitely are not Meshuggah.. very good too! Heard a song by a somewhere local little band that was just utterly awesome, so fast an intricated and live, in vein of math metal....it was on youtube but I have no idea how to find them again. This kind of music can be the most relaxing music ever :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I_kTgNg32_w

No comments: